Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Event 3 - Infinity Structure: Paradoxical Spaces by Robert Gero

As I walked into the room in the 5th floor of CNSI, I was intrigued by the complexity and infinity feelings of the structure created by Robert Gero. Then I walked up to him and asked him how and why he wanted to create something like this. He told me that it was actually a philosophical reason. He said that before this exhibition he wanted to speculate whether there exist some unique structures that have stable exterior and infinitely expanding interior. "It was an incredible experience and journey to imagine that" said Robert.

Infinity Structure
 I then told him that I was studying linear algebra at that time and the ideas of infinite dimensions and tuples intrigued me as well. Then we continued to discuss the complex structures in the room. I noticed that there were some pillows blended in the structures. Then I asked him why there were pillows in the structures. He told me that it was because he wanted to mix in some reality.


The pillow is to blend in some real world senses.
The exhibition was an effort to explore the practical and theoretical connection among art practice, philosophy and social architectural systems. Robert also grounded his artworks in the math and philosophy of the infinity to create this paradoxical structures. I like Robert's show a lot. It shows us how art can blend into our life and imagination. It seems like it is meaningless to create such structures but it is actually a reflection of one's mind and become something tangible and eternal.



No comments:

Post a Comment